9.29.2011

DIY Thursday!

I love jars.
Old jars. New jars. You name it. I got 'em.
I use jars for tons of things including decoration, but a few of the jars in my hoard were not being used for anything yet and were just looking quite plain.
Sad.
I don't like plain...I like cute!
Today after school I was feeling extra creative and decided it was time for a new project.
30 minutes later I created my new little family of jars...



Here's a quick picture tutorial
[just in case you like the idea]
on how I made my jars a little more cute-sy...










Okay just in case you work better reading directions, here's the breakdown:
  1. Choose some fabric, cut into strips and make your rosette.
  2. Join me in my cheap ghetto-fabulousness and cut small pieces from your old/used bath scrunchies.
  3. Sew each piece to the back of the rosette. (Don't kill yourself trying to find matching thread because no one will see the stitches...hence I used my unloved forest green thread)
  4. Cut 3 long pieces of twine/ thread/ whatevs you want and braid or twist together.
  5. Staple your long piece of braided thread to your rosette. Or if you don't have a trusty staple gun GET ONE...just kidding. A needle and thread work perfectly fine as well.
  6. Finally tie your cute new accessory around the neck of your jar.
AND.......WAHH-LAAAA! JAR BEAUTIES!

[If you DO want to cute-sy up your own jars but don't know how to make the rosette click the link below to watch a YouTube tutorial.Just watch the first part and she will teach how to make the actual fabric rosette. ]


Happy Beautifying!