10.10.2010

Forced positivity is still positivity people.

I went to lunch with a friend yesterday. We desperately needed to catch up and our conversation went quickly from surface "What have you been up...blah blah blah" to a much deeper "How are you? How are you REALLY?".

We spent a solid 2 hours sorting through the the deep and icky in our
lives. Which was honestly, awesome. It was a lot of listening and a lot of talking and I'm so glad we did it. While pouring out a couple of his personal troubles he really stressed how important it is for him to not forget the positive in his life. With all the things going wrong for him he literally had an on hand list of the good things happening despite all the bad.

Talk about a humbling moment...


At that moment I realized I will never survive this life if I continue my negative nancy mindset. Yes, some really crappy things are going on right now, but as silly as this sounds I honestly feel like God's blessings are the main course, and crappy things are the appetizer. If you can just get through the nasty, the delicious and filling meal will ALWAYS follow.
Downfall always precedes the blessing; God won't ever leave you hungry.
Honestly, I am not in a happy mood about any of this. But I am going to force myself to be joyful about whats to come. I love joy. Mainly because having joy doesnt mean you have to have a constant smile on your face and poop rainbows. I'm allowed to be upset. I'm allowed to be angry. But if I choose joy, none of those emotions are allowed to ruin my day. Because through all of this, I choose to have hope for some incredible blessings to come.






xoxo nic.